Thursday, April 8, 2010

Thursday

So I am excited to be working on stuff here again.
I just found out Roz is going off on holidays.
*jealous grin*

I have some time to myself this weekend so I
will try and hunt down some interesting stuff.

I have been asked to play drums at a birthday party
for a friend. Just a basic quickie throw together
band made up of old friends ...yeah uh huh..
whatever that is.

Well as most of you know I haven't played since I had
my back surgery and my bass drum leg isn't happy. My
neurologist seems to think that I should practice and
strengthen that leg. Some of you know that the surgery
kicked my butt and I turned into a paranoid freak about
doing anything to aggravate the all controlling back.

But... one of my goals for this weekend is to set up
my drumset and figure out what I can play from the list
of songs they gave me. I have till the middle of July to
get my act together so to speak. *sigh*

I've talked with several drummers that have had to work
through injuries. Maybe that could be a topic here. Those
of you out there that have any advice... Write in!
You can email or leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment